Topic: TinyMCE 3.4.3.2 Released

This release focuses on fixing a few issues with the recent change from designMode to contentEditable. It also fixes some other minor bugs and issues check the changelog for details.

Best regards,
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE

Re: TinyMCE 3.4.3.2 Released

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE CONTENTEDITABLE CHANGE!!!  In case anybody else reading this changelog doesn't understand the significance, know that this is a huge under-the-covers improvement by the TinyMCE team.

Any thoughts on when a true "uneditable" functionality might be available? 

<3 TinyMCE!

Yes, switching to contentEditable is the first step for adding better non editable regions. So the next step is to rewrite the noneditable plugin, formatting engine and a few other pieces to handle the non editable regions.

However the contentEditable support in some browsers are very buggy for example it's hard to put the caret before/after such regions in some browsers so there will probably be a lot of work getting that to work correctly.

Best regards,

Oh, an improved version of the "non-editable" plugin would be really nice!!

Everything else seems perfect about TinyMCE smile

Thanks for all the hard work!

Do I need to enable this contentEditable-thing manually or is it used automatically by the new version of TinyMCE? Honestly, I have no real clue about it.....gonna google it now wink

It will be used automatically if the browser supports it.

HI Guys,
    OMG....!! Its sounds gr8....the new feature of TinyMCE 3.4.3.2 are beyond the expectation.Now I can use it more easily. The new features r really fantastic. Superb work....!!

Thanks,
Shweta

Last edited by shweta (2011-07-11 08:23:35)

>>change from designMode to contentEditable<<<

Can someone explain what the difference is between the two items above.

designMode switches the whole document into an editable state. The contentEditable attribute only switches the specified element to an editable state. When designMode is used elements within the document can't be set as non editable on all browsers.

Best regards,

when the font-size bug in opera will be fixed ?
http://www.tinymce.com/develop/bugtracker_view.php?id=4555

there is no problem in fckeditor with changing font size in opera 11, but tinymce is fail