Topic: TinyMCE 3.4.5 Released

This release focuses on bug fixes but a few new features and an updated English language pack was introduced.

One of the more critical bugs that was fixed was some initialization issues on Gecko browsers where the caret some times would get stuck.

The default English language pack is now more camel case to match some of the common office desktop suites. This updated language pack was contributed by Jeremy Landes.

We also removed some old language items and introduced a few new ones that where missing from the language packs.

Check the changelog for all the details of the specific bugs that was resolved.

Best regards,
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE

Re: TinyMCE 3.4.5 Released

I just tried downloading TinyMCE 3.4.5 from this site and uploading to WordPress and when activating the plugin it comes up with this error message:
The plugin does not have a valid header.
and does not activate it and the files don't show in the plugins list.

I have also searched for TinyMCE in the WordPress Plugin search facility and it doesn't show up anywhere, so I can't try doing it that way.

Any clues?

Thanks
Ruby

TinyMCE is not a Wordpress project/plugin but it's used in their core. So if you want to update TinyMCE you would have to do it manually or use Wordpress TinyMCE Advanced plugin.

Best regards,

Thanks for that and sorry for the confusion!  TinyMCE Advanced now installed and running fine!

Hi spocke,

found a little problem in TinyMCE v3.4.5: Sometimes an user can not delete a link or links  completely. Then you will found a rest of HTML code (/a) in the text: Like </a> or </a> </a> 's.

With regards,
Robin

File a bug with steps to reproduce on our local examples and we will look into it.

Best regards,