Topic: TinyMCE 3.4.6 Released

This release focuses on bug fixes most if the issues where pretty minor like edge cases or features that isn't commonly used.

We are placing a lot of effort now on fixing bugs and reporting and discussing issues with browser vendors so that they get fixed in their code bases as well.

We send our thanks to everyone that has been involved in reporting bugs and helping out with getting them fixed. We have a lot of unit tests running on our test farm but that will never compare to the masses that use TinyMCE on a day to day basis.

Best regards,
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE

Re: TinyMCE 3.4.6 Released

Thanks for all the hard work!

Any chance there's an update on the "DesignMode" to "ContentEditable" migration?

3.4.3 had "Fixed so contentEditable is used for the body of the editor if it's supported." in changelog.

Afraithe
TinyMCE Developer

Yes, thanks for all this work.

Any news about some iOS compatibility? Will iOS 5 support contentEditable?

Yes, TinyMCE is usable on iOS5 however there are a few quirks and hopefully they will get fixed in iOS before they release the final.

Best regards,

Hmm.. does this mean that the ""noneditable" plugin is working?

I was just recently checking it out and it was still pretty brittle.  I thought the "designMode" -> "contentEditable" change should have fixed that?

In step one we needed to switch from designMode to contentEditable. In step two we will rewrite the noneditable plugin, formatter, search/replace, spellchecker and probably a bunch of other things to get the noneditable plugin working properly.

Best regards,

Spocke, TinyMCE working on iOS 5 is fantastic news. Thanks for your hard work. Does it mean that contentEditable is now part of iOS Safari?

Do you publish MD5/SHA1 sums for your downloads? I can't seem to find them anywhere and would like to verify the 3.4.6 download.

No, we don't have any SHA1 or MD5 checksums for the files. Zip has built in CRC32 checksum checking.

Best regards,

With the recent release of iOS 5, is it now compatible with TinyMCE 3.4.6?  And by that I mean, could Wordpress plugin developers who use an older version of TinyMCE now incorporate the most recent version which will now present iPad users with a rich content editor experience?  Thank you!

You probably need to upgrade TinyMCE manually to make it work on iOS. Even the latest beta of WP 3.3 doesn't have all the fixes we made for iOS.

Best regards,

Thanks for your quick reply, Spocke and thanks for your hard work on TinyMCE!