Topic: TinyMCE 3.5.4 Released

Release, release, release. smile

This release fixes various jQuery related issues. And also an IE specific bug where all contents would be deleted if you pressed backspace after applying formatting to text.

We also introduced an image resize feature for WebKit since it's still missing in their contentEditable implementation I think we added a bug report regarding that many years ago so it was time for us to try to fix it our self.

Will go of to vacation for a couple of week so I will stay of the release button for a while.

Best regards,
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE

Re: TinyMCE 3.5.4 Released

Have a nice break, you certainly deserve it!  Kudos to Moxie!

Had to do one more release. 3.5.4.1 since I managed to mess up Shift+A on WebKit. sad

Best regards,

Hi,

The resize feature that you introduce for webkit browsers disable the ability to drag /drop the image with the mouse. (I'm using Google Chrome)

Last edited by Seb33300 (2012-06-24 19:52:41)

spocke wrote:

Had to do one more release. 3.5.4.1 since I managed to mess up Shift+A on WebKit. sad

And "Alt+a" <- in PL lang = ą

Will try to solve the Alt+A issue not sure how though since I check for ctrlKey or metaKey on Mac. So it should never be true if you press alt key since that is another state. So not sure if this is a Chrome bug or an odd thing only for Polish users.

It's written according to spec:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/KeyboardEvent

Best regards,

Hi.

In Chrome and Safari (PL lang):
- Left alt = altKey
- Right Alt = ctrlKey && altKey

I propose to change:

metaKeyPressed: function(e) {
    return tinymce.isMac ? e.metaKey : e.ctrlKey && !e.altKey;
}

That is OK.

Best regards.

Have been waiting years for Safari resize to come, woohoo!

But -- cannot use this version as this change means you cannot shift the image around in the editor for Safari and Chrome, just like Seb33300 said. Look forward to you resolving that. I suggest only making bottom right corner adjustable and any other part of the image moves it within the editor.

@nogard: Thanks for helping out with this since I don't know how the Polish keyboard works in general usage. I seems that it's the only language that for some reason has issues with ctrl/meta mappings.

@sigurdmagnusson, @Seb33300: Will probably solve this by only showing the resize cursor when the mouse is on the corners of the image. Don't want to write a whole UI for the resizing since it would need a lot of CSS and ugly hacks. Thanks for the feedback though.

Best regards,

@spoke yes excellent idea.

Also I suggest a different mouse cursor (i.e. "move" showing four arrows when not at the corners.)

It seems like right now the whole image is based on bottom right "south east: resizing; even if you drag the top left of the image you are effectively still acting on the image as though you are handling the bottom right resize point, which is confusing. If that's hard to change then I suggest only activating the resize function over one corner of the image. Otherwise, you will need to alter the resizing behavior depending on which corner is selected.

@spoke have you considered adding 'restart numbering' functionality to Ordered Lists? The way this would work would be to enable right clicking an ordered list item (e.g. the text "2.") and it would have a right click menu saying "Restart Numbering From…". When clicked it would let the person type in a number.

HTML has supported this since v4, i.e.

<ol>
<li> makes this list item number 1.
<li value="30"> makes this list item number 30.
<li value="40"> makes this list item number 40.
<li> makes this list item number 41.
</ol>

i think The resize feature that you introduce for webkit browsers disable the ability to drag

Fixed the drag/drop and resize issues now in the GitHub version. I've implemented a full UI similar to the built in one in Gecko and it also supports resize on tables.

Best regards,

Have a nice break, you certainly deserve it!  Kudos to Moxie!