Topic: tinymce 4.0 : toolbar icons not showing up in IE

Hi,
I am using the tinymce 4.0b2 version . everything looks fine in firefox, but in IE ( IE8) the toolbar icons are not showing up for me.
Also IE is giving me a javascript error in the tinymce.min.js  ( 'selection' is null or not an object ,line 8 ) . Please help.

thanks

Re: tinymce 4.0 : toolbar icons not showing up in IE

I too am having this issue.  Was wondering if there has been a solution.

IE8 doesnt load the icon images.
Firefox is OK
IE10 is OK

not too sure how much i care about IE8 issue, but if there is a solution, I would like to know .
Thanks

Hi,

We too are having this issue with IE8.

We have testing TinyMCE 4.0b in a development sytem, we can't upgrade in production until know the solution because we have many users with this browser version.

Thanks

The X-UA-Compatible meta tag allows tinyMCE to choose what version of Internet Explorer the page should be rendered as. Adding this tag the problem is solved.

<head>
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">

Thank you mous.  I was running into this problem as well and this fixed it correctly.

Even so, the "selectall" and "visualaid" toolbar icons are blank in my IE10 and Firefox (PC)

Try using this skin located in the Plugins section of this website ...

"lightgraynofonts"

"A variation on the default lightgray skin which does not use fonts to render icons. Useful for users who are using IE and have font downloads blocked."

This worked for me.

Brilliant. Thanks.