Topic: TinyMCE 4.0.9 Released

This release contains rewritten clipboard logic due to lots of bugs found in the new HTML5 Clipboard API:s that we where using. The new clipboard logic uses a combination of the Clipboard API, Old WebKit/IE API:s and redirecting input into a hidden element.

We fixed various IE related issues one of them was due to Sizzle referencing a document that where no longer available if you removed an editor instance.

We added the ability to set the templates option to a URL this enables you to load templates from an external page producing the same JSON structure.

There are also a bunch of other fixes in this patch release. See the changelog for details.

Best regards,
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE

Re: TinyMCE 4.0.9 Released

Thank you for this update Spocke.

Since one of the biggest change is about the Clipboard/paste function, I have a few questions/observations about it.

1) In the even documentation (tinymce.Editor.js), there's an event called "beforepaste". It doesn't work (at least once the paste plugin is activated - I haven't tried without it). But there's an event (not documented) that works: "BeforePastePreProcess".

2) About base64 images, is there only FF that can support them? I've tired different solutions to make them working with Chrome but without success. I've also tried to use the paste jQuery event to check if there's any difference but the event seems to be already modified by mce.

editor.on('init', function(){
    $(editor.getBody()).on('paste', function(e){
        console.log(e);
    });
});

3) The setting "paste_retain_style_propertie" is working well but is not documented on mce4 api. The information are still available here

Last edited by cclaerhout (2013-10-25 03:27:26)

Re: TinyMCE 4.0.9 Released

Use the PastePreProcess and PastePostProcess to filter clipboard HTML with custom logic. BeforePastePreProcess is an internal event might need to hide it so it can't be accessed it's used by the Quirks.js fixes for the paste plugin. Various fixes for broken browser behavior.

Will document the missing property.

Best regards,
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE