Topic: TinyMCE 4.0.10 Released

This release fixes two some what critical bugs with the 4.0.9 release. The scroll position wouldn't be added to the getPos call in DOMUtils and the other one was that the source editor wouldn't work on IE 11.

This release also includes fixed for selection on IE 11 and a forced_root_block_attrs option that allows you to specify attributes for the default root block.

See the changelog for details on other bug fixes.

Best regards,
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE

Re: TinyMCE 4.0.10 Released

Great work as usual. But why do you set the element style to position relative in the new version, and why inline? It broke an edit button I had hovering above the editable area, that depended on the element being positioned "static", otherwise I wouldn't have noticed it. Just curious.

Never mind, found why in the Github history.

Fixed bug where resize handlers wasn't moved correctly when scrolling inline editable elements.

Kind of ironic actually, since I was the one reporting the issue in your tracker. tongue

Please implement COPY,EDIT,PASTE and SPELLCHECK capabilities. These are the main functions that most people use! It is very, very important issue with this release!!!!

Hey there, thanks again for the release. We've just updated to the latest version.

To zhall: Copy and paste work fine, they always have. You can get Spellcheck to work as well, but you'll need to disable the custom right-click menu and then start it by pressing Command-semi-column.

It would be nice if there was a way to "smartly" disable the custom right-click menu depending on whether there was a spelling mistake or not, but I'm not sure how you could implement that ^_^;;

Senior CMS Developer ~ Zenario

Chris Turnbull wrote:

It would be nice if there was a way to "smartly" disable the custom right-click menu depending on whether there was a spelling mistake or not, but I'm not sure how you could implement that ^_^;;

That would be a good idea. I really like the contextmenu, especially when I use tables, but I also really like to correct my mistakes in the editor wink It's easy to unbind the contextmenu event on the doc, but I don't see how it's possible to rebind it with the current code.

If a solution is found to rebind it, we can use a simple trigger button/menu to enable/disable it. On my website I could use the ABC icon (spellchecker) to enable it or disable it.

Another solution, but harder for users, only bind the contextmenu with a double right click.

Last edited by cclaerhout (2013-11-17 12:34:28)

@Chris Turnbull:
Spocke has added a very easy way to disable the context menu, you just need to press CTRL when clicking with the right button of your mouse.

Extremely useful, thank you a lot for this.