Topic: TinyMCE joins Ephox

Good news for the TinyMCE project, as of today the company behind TinyMCE (Moxiecode) joins Ephox to create one giant company specialiced in online editing platforms. We have been working with Ephox for about 5 years now, and it was time to take the next step as our visions where aligned.

So why is this good news? Cause we will be getting a boost in resouces for the TinyMCE Open Source project! With the might of Ephox behind us, we will be building a large team in Sweden dedicated to the future of TinyMCE.

We will also be able to provide better support, custom development and improvements not only to TinyMCE but also all the services, websites and resources around TinyMCE.

Right now we are preparing the TinyMCE 4.2 release, stay tuned for more details of the release the upcoming days.

You can read more about it on our blog.

Afraithe
TinyMCE Developer

Re: TinyMCE joins Ephox

Astounding news... *thumbsup*

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.
-- I am neither Moxiecode nor Ephox! --

I'd like to ask some questions:

1. Will you guys still work on TinyMCE (the free open source software) as a top priority or is TinyMCE going to get the "left-overs" from textbox.io or Enterprise TinyMCE in the future?

2. What about the community here? Will the forum continue? What about the developer blog here?

3. Are there any plans about the wiki like merging with Enterprise TinyMCE-related stuff? I still remember the old days when the wiki was a mediawiki installation on some private webspace...

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.

1. Yes! Things will continue as before, with Ephox help we are able to build a strong development team in Sweden (5-6 ppl eventually) that will focus mostly on TinyMCE (and related things). We are also already getting resources from their Australian office to help out with documentation and development. We are now also able to share tech and knowledge more between tinymce and textbox.io so we can develop better products for our clients and community.

2. Yes, the community is VERY important to us, the forum will continue on as normal. What is coming though later this year is an update to the website (it is past due) but the forum will exist in a similar form just as today. We are also investigating how we can better help the community in the long run, be it with tools, support or just better documentation. As for the blog, we have never been much active "bloggers", but Ephox has resources and a team to handle social media interactions and content, so we will probably see more of it in the future than we have before, and more rich content such as videos etc.

3. We are working on a strategy to better handle documentation in the future, the current self-written wiki system will probably go away for a professional system, but documentation will remain on this website.

With Ephox we are able to accelerate our plans by 10 fold when we get our team together, that being said, Open Source and the openness that we are used to, is very new for Ephox and their team, but they are committed to be more open, and they see the value of Open Source and a thriving community.

Afraithe
TinyMCE Developer

Thank you for your exhaustive answers. I must say I like the sound of that! And I sense a lot of excitement in your words. All the best wishes to you and the TinyMCE team!

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.