Topic: TinyMCE 4.1.0 released

This release brings a whole lot of new features and enhancements I listed the major ones below.

file_picker_callback option
The old file_browser_callback was an old construct and where more suitable for the dialog types in 3.x where each dialog was it's own document. The new file_picker_callback has the ability to provide meta data for the dialogs the old file_browser_callback will continue to work.

color_picker_callback option
This option allows you to add custom color pickers to the colorbox UI control and the textcolor plugin.

colorbox UI control
This UI control lets you enter colors and preview them you can browse for colors if the color_picker_callback is defined.

colorpicker plugin
This plugin adds a hsv color picker dialog to the editor it hooks into the color_picker_callback so you can manually invoke it in your own plugins.

textpattern plugin
This plugin lets you type markdown like syntax to add formatting such as "**bold**" or "1. text" this makes it easier to add formatting while typing.

table dialog advanced tabs
All table dialogs now have an advanced tab where you can select colors for border and background. This has been commonly requested.

textcolor plugin custom color
The textcolor plugin will enable you to select custom colors if the colorpicker plugin is used or the color_picker_callback is defined. It will display the latest used colors. This feature has also been commonly requested.

resize helper
Displays the current size when resizing tables and images.

jQuery like DOM API
We had a hidden class tinymce.dom.DomQuery in the 4.0 release we have now worked on it so it's compatible with jQuery, documented and exposed. This lets you work with tinymce contents with a familiar API. The plan is to rework the internals to use this class and make the jQuery build of TinyMCE use the real jQuery instead of this light weight version this will be done as patch releases in the 4.1.x branch.

tinymce.util.Color class
Lets you parse/convert colors from/to rgb/hsv and various string formats.

There is also a ton of other fixes in this release check the changelog for details.

If you are using the CDN version you might need to update the url from the 4.0.x branch to 4.1.x.

Best regards,
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE

Re: TinyMCE 4.1.0 released

Would this be a release that would be moved to the Enterprise version?  Is there anywhere on the forums that would give us this information? 
thanks!  CJ

Thank a lot for this upgrade. Tiny mce is the best.
In next version, you can insert inside the panels (link, image, video and table) a field  "class"?
The best regards,
D.

Last edited by pmi (2014-06-23 07:57:54)

@cjayatsw: It depends on our partner Ephox who maintains the enterprise version.
@pmi: The link/image/table dialogs have a link selector if you configure the link_class_list option etc.

Best regards,
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE

Hi spocke

I am trying to integrate the colorpicker as follows:

ed.windowManager.open({
title: 'Add colour',
body: [
{
type: "colorpicker",
name: "backgroundcolour",
label: "Add background colour",
minWidth: 200,
minHeight: 150
}
]
)}

Now, I am wondering how I capture the colour value, so that I can change the background of a particular element in the DOM.

I have tried onselect: function(v){} with no success.

The API documents do not point to any obvious capture events.

Thanks for any help you can provide me with. This is driving me nuts!!!!

For some reason, I am STILL getting this stupid tiny mce editor on all sites when I upgrade WordPress. My workaround is to simply copy and paste wp-langs-en.js to 'en.js' in the missing directories and it works fine...but what's causing this? Can we please, please get a solution? It's breaking multiple sites consistently when I upgrade WordPress, and has been occuring since the early 3.0 releases of ACF.

Here's the source of the missing scripts:

GET https://SITEURL.COM/wp-includes/js/tinymce/langs/en.js?ver=345-20111127 404 (Not Found)
wp-tinymce.php:2Failed to load: https://SITEURL.COM/wp-includes/js/tinymce/langs/en.js

How to fix it?